9/3/09

Appt with Vision Teacher

So Mrs. Karen came yesterday, she comes for an hour, I only got to see her for 15 min because I get off later, but she leaves me a sheet to tell me what to work with Noel on and how she did. Mrs. Karen says Noel has visual curiosity, we are not sure about light perception and so on. She said its great that Noel doesnt mind touching the grass, with her feet and hands, a lot of kids with visual impairments are tactile challenged, so far so good with Noel, she doesnt really care for feathery things but we are working on it. Tonite I think I will make some spaghetti and let her put her hands in the bowl and play with it.

Also we got our package from Seedlings, they sent Noel a book, what looks like a dog toy rubber knobby ball, a book for Paul and I to teach us Braille- looks very complicated, and a few other books to help incorporate different things for Noel.

No comments:

Post a Comment